This post introduces you how to convert FAT32 to NTFS without data loss. You can try it to easily change FAT32 to NTFS without formatting.
NTFS is an Advanced File System Compared to FAT
Computer users would like to convert FAT (FAT12/FAT16/FAT32) to NTFS file system because NTFS is more powerful with more advanced features in performance, security, reliability than FAT.
NTFS has several improvements over FAT such as improved support for metadata and the use of advanced data structures to improve performance, reliability, and disk space utilization, plus additional extensions such as security access control lists and file system journaling.
How to convert FAT32 to NTFS
Solution 1: Using Command Prompt
- Open Command Prompt (Start ->All Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt)
- Type convert drive_letter: /fs:ntfs (For example: convert D: /fs:ntfs)
Solution 2: Using EaseUS Partition Master
- Download and install the software
- Select FAT/FAT32 Partition
- Right click on partition then choose Convert to NTFS
- The pop-up dialog box will show the source and destination file system, click “OK” to continue.