If your hard disks or partitions suddenly become RAW and you cannot access the data. Don’t worry, read and follow these instructions “how to convert RAW to NTFS without losing data” in this post, you will recover all your data.
THE REASONS WHY YOU NEED TO CONVERT RAW TO NTFS
When your hard disks and partitions get damaged and become RAW, you will see one of these error messages
1. The volume X: is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?
2. The disk in drive X: is not formatted.
3. There was an error accessing drive X: The disk is not formatted.
4. CHKDSK tool (checkdisk in command prompt) will show that system can’t perform a RAW file system recovery.
5. The type of the file system is RAW.
6. CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives
Don’t panic! The only way you can fix this is formatting to NTFS. But how to convert RAW to NTFS without losing data? First, download EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard and follow steps below.
HOW TO CONVERT RAW TO NTFS WITHOUT LOSING DATA
Step 1: Restore the data first
1. Launch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard and select the RAW disk where you lost your data and click “Scan” button.
2. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard will start a quick scan first. After it completes, a deep scan will auto-run to find more folders and files.
3. Choose the file(s) you want to recover by file types from the scanning results. Click “Recover” button to recover the selected files.
Note: You MUST NOT save the recovered files to the original disk drive that shows RAW file system, instead, you can store in other drives or external drives
Step 2: Convert RAW to NTFS
1. Open This PC/Computer > Find the RAW partition;
2. Right-click it by choosing Format > Select the file system – NTFS and even rename it;
3. Click Start > OK.
or you can try to convert by running command prompt
1. Open Command Prompt > Click Run as administrator;
You may need to type your password or provide confirmation for this method.
2. Type:convert X: /fs:ntfs and hit Enter (X is the driver letter, e.g: D, E, F,…)
3. Type: M(the mane of the partition or disk you want to convert to NTFS) and press Enter;
Then wait a few seconds, everything will be done.